A new offsetting emission initiative for citizen’s shipments has been implemented. In alliance with ClimateTrade, Spain’s leading start-up in climate markets using Blockchain solutions, Correos link mitigation project developers to businesses and consumers. In order to reduce as much as possible the number of emissions, Correos offsets all emission caused by parcels and letters sent by private individuals and small businesses from any of its offices.
These are the areas in which projects certified by international bodies and validated by the Spanish Office for Climate Change are developed:
- Agroforestry: focused on reducing emissions from deforestation and the degradation of tropical forests.
- Renewable Energies: aimed at decreasing the use of fossil fuels and creating green jobs.
- Forestry treatments to generate biomass energy and prevent fires
- Bosques Sostenibles from Spain
- Energy transition and green jobs / ACCIONA (Mexico)
- Avoid deforestation in the Amazon Forests (Peru)
- Recycling waste to generate energy / UNFCC (Brazil)
- Preventing fires by creating green energy / Arauco (Chile)